The Greater Esk Tourism photographic competition for 2017 will again be judged by Tasmania’s Master Photographer Owen Hughes, who will select 12 finalists and the overall winner, but the public will have a say too. This year’s theme is “Flora and Fauna in the Fingal Valley” so get out exploring and then get clicking.
Entries Close at 5pm on Friday 11th October 2017. No late entries will be accepted
No late entries will be accepted.
For lodgement details, general information and conditions of entry, go to our web site www.fingalvalley.com.au or our Facebook Page – Fingal Valleys of Adventure.
Finalists will be notified and their photographs displayed at The Purple Possum Wholefoods, Café and Gallery where the public can vote for their favourite photo. The winners of the Judge’s Choice and the People’s Choice Awards will be announced at our annual Presentation Function at the Purple Possum Wholefoods, Café and Gallery in St Marys on Friday 24th November 2017.
Cash prizes are $500 for the winner, $250 for Under 18 and $150 for the People’s Choice.
All finalists will have their work exhibited in the Purple Possum for the next tourist season.
Any problems, please contact Peter on (03) 63 722 783 or 0412 425 666 for assistance. If you prefer, photos can be on a USB thumb drive or CD and dropped into the Purple Possum where entry forms will also be available, alongside being listed on our website and Facebook page to download.
Entry forms can be collected from the Purple Possum Cafe in St Marys, our Facebook page and also our website.
Terms and Conditions
Greater Esk Tourism Inc (GET) – PHOTO COMPETITION – 2017
THEME: “FLORA AND FAUNA IN THE FINGAL VALLEY”
General Information and Conditions of Entry
- All Entries will be judged by Tasmania’s award winning Master Photographer and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Professional Photography, Mr Owen Hughes.
- $500 in prize money will be awarded to the winner, $250 to the Under 18 winner and the People’s Choice Award will receive $150.
- All entries will be posted online and a link will be published online and via e-mail. Twelve judged Finalists will have their images enlarged to 24” x 16” and displayed at the Purple Possum Café and Gallery in St Marys.
- A Presentation function to recognise the winners and finalists will take place at the Purple Possum Café and Gallery on Friday 24th November 2017.
- The People’s Choice Award will be determined by visitors to the Purple Possum Café & Gallery by recording their choice of the Finalists on a ballot paper issued by the Purple Possum Staff and placed in a sealed ballot box. Counting will take place on the night of the Presentation Function to announce the winner.
- Entries Close at 5pm on 11th October 2017. No late entries will be accepted
- You may enter as many images as you wish on the official Entry Form.
- The entrance fee is $5 per digital image for the open section and $2.50 per image for the Under 18 section
- Each digital image is required to be named to correspond with the Entry Title Name on the official Entry Form.
- As the finalist’s images will be enlarged to 24” x 16”, all images should be submitted at the same ratio of 3:2, otherwise cropping will be executed at the discretion of the photo finisher.
- Submitted images may be emailed at full resolution to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or posted by surface mail on a CD/DVD or Thumb Drive together with the completed Entry Form and total Entry Fee payment to:
To: Peter Troode
2017 GET Photo Competition
19 Gray Road
St Marys TAS 7215
Or payment via direct deposit to:
BSB No: 067019
Acct No: 10019212
Ref: Photo Comp (place your surname at the end)
Or To: Purple Possum
2017 GET Photo Competition
5 Story Street
St Marys TAS 7215
NB: If paying by cheque or money order, please make these out to Greater Esk Tourism
Photos can also be placed onto a CD/DVD/USB Drive and delivered to the Purple Possum for collection, where entry forms will also be available.
- You may only submit images that you have photographed or that you have the necessary permission from the copyright owner to use them for this competition.
- Images must be photographed between Conara and St Marys including Royal George, Gipps Creek, Mathinna, Mangana, Rossarden, Storys Creek, Cornwall, Upper Esk and Gray. There is no limit on the number of entries.
- By submitting your images, you agree to allow GET to use the images for promotional purposes including posting them on panoramio.com subject to the terms and conditions of that site which may include displaying them on other locations online, including the www.fingalvalley.com.au website, or our Facebook page (Fingal Valleys of Adventure).
- GET reserves the right to not accept a particular entry for any reason whatsoever. This decision is final and no correspondence be entered into.
- If you have any problems, please contact Peter Troode on (03) 63 722 783 or 0412 425 666.